Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm a Bad Dog, Baby

So I haven't been very good about working out since last Friday. I did well on Friday...2.45 miles in 40 minutes by incorporating 30 or 45 second running intervals every 3 minutes...but it's been kind of busy since then.

First of all, I was very sore all weekend. I'm old, this will happen. Then on Monday, I moved my office to a new (to me) one across the hall. This was accompanied by many sad feelings about losing a beloved and valued co-worker, but that's another show. Shorter version: my legs were sore when the computer guys finished at 4:00 and I was supposed to sing for the local unfosterable foster children in town (really, I'm not exaggerating with that, more later) at 7:00. And then this stupid woman rear-ended my car so I couldn't get home in time to even do a workout tape. You get the idea. This was Monday.

Not so sure what happened yesterday. We're getting ready to go out of town for a week, to a wedding and another social event. News flash: I'm not losing 40 pounds in time for the trip, so my incentive to work out is a tad diminished. And I've been knitting a lovely shawlette thingie to wear with my new dress to the wedding, so there's that, too.

Anyways...no workout since last Friday and no hope for tomorrow, either. We'll talk about it when we get back from our trip. In the meantime, here's a mediocre song with a memorable lyric from some guy who used to be pretty darn cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXl5P2xO9-o

No comments:

Post a Comment